- resembling a human
- apelike: a brutish man with anthropoid features
Origin of anthropoidClassical Greek anthr?poeid?s: see anthropo- and amp; -oid
- Of or belonging to the primate suborder Anthropoidea, which consists of the New World monkeys, Old World monkeys, and apes including humans.
- Resembling a human, especially in shape or outward appearance.
- Resembling or characteristic of a nonhuman ape; apelike: an anthropoid forehead.
(comparative more anthropoid, superlative most anthropoid)
- having characteristics of a human being, usually in terms of shape or appearance
- having characteristics of an ape
- An anthropoid animal.