- feeling anguish
- showing or resulting from anguish
Feeling, expressing, or caused by anguish: anguished victims of the earthquake; anguished screams for help.
- simple past tense and past participle of anguish
- Their compassion demanded it be done but they anguished when no information was forthcoming.
- Sofia's anguished scream was still muffled.
- When he reached her vehicle, he could hear her anguished sobs through the closed windows.
- Our little group anguished over our decision once we were back together, alternating between chastising and applauding what we'd done.
- He anguished over the possibility, fearful he would be so horror-stricken he'd wake and miss the telling information that would lead to a capture.