- Alternatively is defined as having or choosing another option.
Traveling by plane instead of by boat is an example of alternatively traveling by plane.
Variant of alternative
- providing or being a choice between two or among more than two things: alternative routes
- designating or of an institution, enterprise, etc. that appeals to unconventional or nontraditional interests: an alternative school
Origin: Midieval Latin alternativus: see alternate
- a choice between two or among more than two things
- either or one of the things to be chosen
- something remaining to be chosen: is there an alternative to going?
- alternatively adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.