The definition of affiliation is the act of connecting or associating with a person or organization.
An example of affiliation is being a member of a community organization.
an affiliating or being affiliated; connection, as with an organization, club, etc.
- For higher education provision was made by the affiliation of Natal to the Cape of Good Hope University and by exhibitions tenable at English universities.
- All the larger universities have schools of medicine in affiliation, and have the power of conferring medical degrees.
- But this affiliation is hard to establish.
- Appendix E, "Affiliation of Medieval Boroughs."
- Theological colleges are supported by the various religious bodies, and are in affiliation with one or other of the universities.