- showing or relating to addition
- to be added
Origin of additiveLate Latin additivus: see add
- Marked by, produced by, or involving addition.
- Of or being any of certain primary colors of wavelengths that may be mixed with one another to produce other colors. See Table at color.
(comparative more additive, superlative most additive)
- (mathematics) Pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added.
- (mathematics, of a function, etc.) Distributive over addition.
- Matrix multiplication is additive in that .
- (algebra) Having addition as an operator.
- It is natural to look at a finite cyclic group as an additive group.
- (chemistry) Pertaining to chemical addition.
- (genetics) Describing genes (the interaction etc. of such genes) which govern the same trait and whose effects work together on the phenotype.