Barred prison windows.
- The definition of barred refers to something that has at least one sturdy metal or wooden rod or plank, or to something that has bands of different colors on it.
- An example of barred is a jail cell.
- An example of barred is a red and white striped fabric.
- Barred means something was prevented from happening, or that something like metal or wood was placed over a door to prevent entry.
An example of barred is when someone blocks a door so you may not enter a premises.
- having bars or stripes
- closed off with bars
- forbidden or excluded
(comparative more barred, superlative most barred)
- simple past tense and past participle of bar
- He barred the door at evening.