A manager who was a total zero.
His prospects were approaching zero.
Today I accomplished zero.
- On a centigrade thermometer, the freezing point of water.
- On a Fahrenheit thermometer, a point 32° below the freezing point of water.
His chances of success sank to zero.
A snack having zero cholesterol.
The plural of deer is said to be formed by the addition of a zero allomorph of the plural morpheme.
An example of zero is no cookies left in the jar.
A soccer team with no points is an example of a team with a zero score.
The electromagnetic field does not drop all of the way to zero before a reversal.
The temperature outside is ten degrees below zero.
The zeroes of a polynomial are its roots by the fundamental theorem of algebra.
The derivative of a continuous, differentiable function that twice crosses the axis must have a zero.
The nontrivial zeros of the Riemann zeta function may all lie on the critical line.
Since a commutative zero is the inverse of any additive identity, it must be unique when it exists.
The zero (of a ring or field) has the property that the product of the zero with any element yields the zero.
The quotient ring over a maximal ideal is a field with a single zero element.
The takeovers were financed by issuing zeroes.
The stem of "kobieta" with the zero ending is "kobiet".
Zero the fluorometer with the same solvent used in extraction.
They tried to zero the budget by the end of the quarter.
- to adjust the zero of (a gun)
- to aim (a gun) or concentrate (firepower) directly at or on (a target)
- to adjust gunfire so as to be aiming directly at (a target)
- to concentrate attention on; focus on