- If you used to make bad decisions but now you think things through and make good decisions, this is an example of a situation where you are wiser.
- When you order one appetizer, change your mind and order a different one which the chef thinks is better, this is an example of a situation where you made a wiser choice.
The definition of wiser is someone who is smarter than others, or smarter than previously.
- If wiser legislation followed the great reform of 1832, Burke would have said this was because the political intelligence of the country had improved.
- If only I'd been older, wiser, more willing to listen to him.
- It will make us all profoundly wise, wiser than the wisest person who has ever lived.
- But a wiser view soon prevailed, and the natives of India at large gratefully accepted the queen's proclamation as the charter of their lives and liberties.
- Wiser men were demigods to him.