- a person or thing that wipes
- something used for wiping, as a towel or rag
- a moving electrical contact, as in a rheostat
- a projecting piece on a rotating or rocking part, which raises and lowers or trips another, usually reciprocating, part; cam; eccentric
- a squeegee blade attached to an arm, designed to move automatically back and forth across a windshield
- One that wipes.
- Something, such as a towel, used for wiping.
- A device designed for wiping, as on an automobile windshield.
- A projecting cam, as on a rotating shaft, that activates another machine part.
- A movable electrical contact, as in a rheostat.
wiper - Computer Definition
Also known as a selector, a wiper is a component of a step-by-step (SxS) electromechanical circuit switch. See selector.