- simple past tense and past participle of wince
Winced is defined as you flinched from pain or displeasure.
An example of winced is when you got blood drawn with a needle and you made a face to indicate your dissatisfaction and the feeling of pain.
- She winced and rubbed her head.
- He winced and she put a hand on his arm.
- His head snapped up and he winced, rubbing his neck.
- She flexed her hand and winced at the pain it caused.
- The jaguar winced but kept its grip, and Toby.s blood turned the snow beneath them red.