- simple past tense and past participle of grimace
Grimaced is defined as made a facial expression by twisting up your face or mouth, indicating pain, fear or unhappiness.
An example of a time when you grimaced is when you took a drink of sour milk and made an unpleasant face to indicate your displeasure.
- She grimaced as she picked up her fork.
- Jessi grimaced, aware that such treatment involved multiple shots.
- The water stung her skin, and she grimaced as her attacker's blood ran down the drain.
- He grimaced and stood, calling to Gerald.
- Jessi grimaced and rubbed her temples.