- having thorough knowledge of a subject
- having considerable knowledge of many subjects, esp. those of current interest
- An example of a well informed person is someone who watches the news.
- An example of a well informed opinion is one where the person forming the opinion has studied up on his facts.
The definition of well informed is someone who knows a lot about a given subject, or is something formed or created based on underlying knowledge.
(comparative better-informed or more well-informed, superlative best-informed or most well-informed)
- Furnished with sufficient, correct knowledge
- Blue Nile is confident enough about the quality of their merchandise that they encourage every shopper to study so they can be well-informed and recognize the exceptional workmanship and superior worth of Blue Nile diamonds.
- Now, as a well-informed celiac you've become all too aware of your environment, to the point that you'll be up later tonight Googling as to whether or not the very oxygen you breathe contains gluten.
- When deciding on what form of birth control to use, make sure you are well-informed of all the facts -- method, cost and effectiveness -- before coming to a decision.
- Fortunately modern science has proven that smoking can lead to any number of diseases and health concerns, so the younger generation is well-informed of the dangers.
- A well-informed consumer should compare all options closely to determine which credit card provides the overall best terms for their particular needs.