- the condition or quality of being weary; fatigue or tedium
- something that causes fatigue or tedium
Weariness is the state of being tired, or something that causes tiredness.
An example of weariness is feeling exhausted after walking for five miles.
- There was weariness in his voice that disarmed any offense he felt.
- Weariness settled on her brow as she rubbed her eyes.
- It seems almost certain that her fear to have him absent led him to compose one of his loveliest poems: "Sweetest Love, I do not go For weariness of thee."
- A certain depression and weariness of spirit darken the general tone.
- Even his references to the great poets of the past indicate rather a blase sense of indifference and weariness than a fresh enjoyment of them.