- The definition of wake-up is a service where guests are awakened by a phone call at a time specified by the guest.
An example of wake-up used as an adjective is in the phrase "wake-up call," which is a call to a guest's room at a hotel to get him or her up in the morning.
- Wake up is defined as to stop sleeping or to cause someone to stop sleeping.
An example of wake up is to get out of bed at 6 a.m.
- The act of waking up
- An act or instance of waking up.
- An act or instance of being awakened.
(third-person singular simple present wakes up, present participle waking up, simple past woke up or waked up, past participle woken up or waked up)
- (intransitive) To awake.
- To awaken somebody.
- Wake your brother up, it's time for school.
- (intransitive) To become more aware of a real-life situation; to concentrate on the matter in hand.
- Some businesses were slow to wake up to the importance of the Internet.
- That's the third time you've made the same mistake. Wake up!
When used in the context of waking up to something or someone, it insinuates that the target is near the subject when the subject wakes, often inferring every morning. Furthermore, when used regarding a person, it insinuates that the subject and the target have slept together, the subject awakening in bed to see the target in the same bed. Two people waking up to each other every morning insinuates that they sleep together so nightly, and thus are very intimate with each other.
- Nightmares are part of the normal developmental process that literally provide a "wake-up" call to both parent and child to pay attention to strong feelings and problems that may require some resolution.
- Hot Wheels Snore Slammer Alarm Clock Radio: For tired little boys who need an energetic wake-up call, the Hot Wheels clock provides custom snore slammer sounds or radio music alarms.
- Peaceful Progression Wake-Up Clock - This clock uses not only the simulation of natural sunlight, and sounds of morning, but also uses scent to wake you gradually and thoroughly.
- Peppermint - Along with eucalyptus, this eye-opening fragrance stimulates the senses, clears out the sinuses and provides a serious wake-up call on those early mornings.
- Key features include a calendar, to-do list, wake-up call, alarm, notepad, unit converter and stopwatch, as well as voice functions.