- an established right that cannot be eliminated, as to some future benefit
- close involvement in promoting personal advantage
- [pl.] a number of groups cooperating or competing in pursuing selfish goals and exerting controlling influence, esp., the powerful persons and groups that own and control industry, business, etc.
vested interestvested interest
- Law A right or title, as to present or future possession of an estate, that can be conveyed to another.
- A fixed right granted to an employee under a pension plan.
- A special interest in protecting or promoting that which is to one's own personal advantage.
- vested interests Those groups that seek to maintain or control an existing system or activity from which they derive private benefit.
(plural vested interests)
- (law) a right or title that can be conveyed
- a fixed right granted to an employee, especially under a pension plan
- a stake, often financial, in a particular outcome
- a group of people or organizations with such a stake
- an exceptionally strong interest in protecting or promoting something to one's own advantage