Origin of utMiddle English from ML: see gamut
- UT is defined as an abbreviation for Utah and for Universal Time.
- An example of UT is what you'd write for the state on a letter you're sending to Utah.
- An example of UT is what is written on a time stamp online for the time that an earthquake occurred.
- Ut is a symbol for the musical tone of C.
An example of ut is how you'd write the C tone instead of writing do.
A syllable representing the tone C, otherwise represented by do, in the French system of solmization.
Origin of utMiddle English from Medieval Latin; see gamut .
- universal time
- or Ut. Utah
- (music, dated) Syllable (formerly) used in solfÃ¨ge to represent the first note of a major scale.
- In solfÃ¨ge, ut has been replaced by do.
- This spirit of do ut des will be found to go closely with the gift-theory of sacrifice, and to be especially characteristic of those religions of middle grade that are given over to sacrificial worship as conducted in temples and by means of organized priesthoods.
- Ut 1000-0000.04 valet idem, quod 1000-0000 T h.
- His deeds are thus described in the Liber Pontificalis: " Hic regiones dividit diaconibus et fecit vii subdiacones, qui vii notariis imminerent, ut gestas martyrum integro fideliter colligerent, et multas fabricas per cymiteria fieri praecepit."
- The decree of the council of Trent 3 (ut nemo.
- Some of these relatives lead almost insensibly to the greenfinch (ut supra) and its allies, others to the goldfinch (ut supra), the redpolls and so on.