- the upper side or part
- appreciation or gain, as on an investment: often used attributively
- any or all of the benefits or advantages
- The upper side or portion.
- An advantageous aspect: the upsides and downsides of home ownership.
- An upward tendency, as in business profitability or in the prices of a stock.
upside - Investment & Finance Definition
The amount of upward price movement that a stock or investment may be able to reach under optimal conditions. Analysts speak about the upside potential of a stock.