A garment worn under outer garments, especially one worn next to the skin.
under- +"Ž garment
- Whether called "bloomers," "Spankies," or "dance pants," there is a particular style of undergarment that is produced to complement the uniform - coming in matching colors and usually accompanying the basic uniform.
- The most well-known body shaper undergarment is the corset, which has undergone numerous iterations in its long history and is still worn today, although more commonly as a fetish or fantasy piece of lingerie.
- Ross, the founder of PantiesForMen.com, shares insights on common myths about men wearing feminine lingerie, the unique nature of this business, and popular undergarment styles in this LoveToKnow interview.
- While you might expect that this type of undergarment would be straightforward - a corset with shoulder straps that spans the torso to the hips - there can still be variations in the modern incarnation.
- Thus, lingerie manufacturers created the open bottom girdle with six garters attached, perfect for holding up thigh-high stockings, and this was the undergarment of choice in the 1940s and 1950s.