- not abridged; complete
- designating or of a dictionary that is not abridged from a larger work: an arbitrary designation for any of various large, extensive dictionaries
The definition of unabridged is a book or work that is complete and not shortened.
An audio book with a reading of the entire book is an example of unabridged.
Containing the original content; not condensed. Used of books, articles, and documents.
un- +"Ž abridged
- If you feel you need a more comprehensive version, then you can subscribe to the Webster's Unabridged Dictionary for a small fee.
- Webster's Online Dictionary is a free online dictionary that is based on Webster's 1913 unabridged dictionary.
- The Random House Unabridged Dictionary defines, it as "insurance providing for payment of a sum of money to a named beneficiary upon the death of the policyholder or to the policyholder if still living after reaching a specified age."
- If your children are school aged and the only dictionary you have in the house is a twenty pound unabridged Webster's, it's time to start looking at kids' dictionaries.
- When signing up for the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary, you receive a 14-day free preview.