- telecommunicationalso Chiefly Brit.tel′e·coms·
- a company involved in the telecommunication industry
Telecom is short for telecommunications, which is defined as communicating with the use of an electronic device.
The transmission of messages over long distances is an example of telecom.
- A telecommunications company.
- It was said that Globalive had too large of a foreign investment from Orascom Telecom Holding, a multinational Egyptian corporation.
- Telecom: Jobs in installation, repair, and maintenance are offered under the telecom section of Verizon's website.
- Verizon also breaks up its job offerings into five fields: corporate, business, telecom, VSO, and wireless.
- These include mobile operators like KDDI Corporation (Japan) and Telecom Italia (Italy), as well as other kinds of companies like Audience (voice processors), Intel, NVIDIA (graphics processors), eBay, and Esmertec (multimedia solutions).