- a thin, flat piece of stone, wood, metal, etc. shaped for a specific purpose
- such a piece with an inscription, used as a memorial wall panel; plaque
- a smooth, flat leaf made of wood, ivory, metal, etc. and used to write on
- a set of such leaves fastened together
- a writing or drawing pad consisting of sheets of paper glued together at one edge
- any of various small, lightweight laptop computers characterized by a touch screen and a representation of a keyboard that is part of its GUI interface: some tablets consist of a single, thin rectangular unit, others consist of a screen that can swivel so as to expose an additional, standard keyboard beneathin full tablet computer
- a small, flat piece of solid or compressed material, as of medicine, soap, etc.
Origin of tabletMiddle English tablette from Middle French tablete, diminutive of table: see table