- one that simulates; specif., a training device that duplicates artificially the conditions likely to be encountered in some operation, as in a spacecraft: a flight simulator
- a computer that performs simulation
simulator - Computer Definition
(1) Software that enables the execution of an application written for a different computer environment. See emulator.
(2) Software that models the interactions of business processes to determine the most advantageous marketing approach.
(3) Software that models the behavior of an electronic device or circuit. For example, a smartphone simulator operates in the computer as if it were an actual hardware device.
(4) Hardware and software that models the behavior of real-world objects. See flight simulator.