- a map for motorists, showing the roads of a given region
- any set of directions, proposals, policies, etc. for achieving some objective
road maproad map
- A map, especially one for motorists, showing and designating the roads of a region.
- A set of guidelines, instructions, plans, or explanations: wrote an ethics code as a road map for the behavior of elected officials; a road map to peace in the war-torn area.
(plural road maps)
- A map with a visual representation of roads used for automobile travel and navigation. A road map may contain other relevant data, such as terrain or rail roads.
- (figuratively) a plan of action, laying out the future actions of participants.
- (computing) A structured representation of objects over a period of time to display a development plan. Road maps are used in business for strategic planning and communications.