Origin of ridiculousClassical Latin ridiculosus ( from ridiculum: see ridicule) or ridiculus
Noah and his father like to make up ridiculous stories about magical creatures in faraway lands.
An example of ridiculous is the idea that the grass is pink and the sky is red.
Origin of ridiculousFrom Latin rīdiculus laughable from rīdēre to laugh
(comparative more ridiculous, superlative most ridiculous)
- What a ridiculous thought.
- It was ridiculous to be so frightened of something.
- Sometimes it took a ridiculous simile to make a point.
- It was ridiculous to fight with him this way.
- Tions in a sudden and somewhat ridiculous fashion.