An example of religion is Christianity.
A person for whom art became a religion.
A widow who went into religion and became a nun.
At this point, Star Trek has really become a religion.
My brother tends to value religion, but my sister not as much.
- To become religious or devout.
- To resolve to end one's immoral behavior.
- to become religious
- to become very conscientious or earnest about something
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of religion
- Middle English religioun from Old French religion from Latin religiō religiōn- perhaps from religāre to tie fast rely
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From religiōn-, the stem of the Latin religiō (“scrupulousness", “pious misgivings", “superstition", “conscientiousness", “sanctity", “an object of veneration", “cult-observance", “reverence"), from relegō (“I bind back or behind"), from re- + legō (“I choose, select; collect, gather").