Disbelief is defined as an unwillingness to accept something as true.
If someone tells you that they saw a ghost and you doubt their story, this is an example of when you feel disbelief.
Refusal or reluctance to believe.
dis- + belief
- Disbelief spread across her face.
- For a moment he stared at her in disbelief — and then his eyes flared with renewed fury.
- Surprise, then disbelief, crossed her features.
- His mouth dropped open, and disbelief crossed his features.
- Disbelief made her look twice to ensure her eyes hadn't gone as crazy as her thoughts.