An example of red faced is when a child's cheeks become crimson after a prolonged period of crying.
- (by extension) Embarrassed.A red-faced John edged his way quietly out of the room.
- (by extension) Inebriate.Coming home late and red-faced every night from the pub is not what I expected of you.
- (by extension) Angry.The customer gave a red-faced account of the argument with the waiter.
- (by extension) Flustered."I can't for the life of me think where I left the tickets!", she cried out, red-faced.
- (by extension) Exhausted.He collapsed, red-faced from the effort, against the door jamb.