An example of red faced is when a child's cheeks become crimson after a prolonged period of crying.
- (by extension) Embarrassed..A red-faced John edged his way quietly out of the room.
- (by extension) Inebriate..Coming home late and red-faced every night from the pub is not what I expected of you.
- (by extension) Angry..The customer gave a red-faced account of the argument with the waiter.
- (by extension) Flustered.."I can't for the life of me think where I left the tickets!", she cried out, red-faced.
- (by extension) Exhausted..He collapsed, red-faced from the effort, against the door jamb.