Origin of red-eyefrom the bloodshot eyes of someone who has not slept
(plural Red Eyes)
- Uncapitalized and hyphenated forms are more common in fictional dialogs; this form is more common in books about mixing drinks.
red eye - Computer Definition
The appearance of red eyes on people and animals when pictures are taken with flash. In dimly lit environments, the eye's iris opens to let in more light. The light from the flash unit reflects back from the retina, which is full of blood vessels; hence, the red look. Pre-Flash Some cameras have an option that produces a flash of light just ahead of the actual flash. The first flash causes the iris to close, eliminating some of the reflection. Automatic and Manual Removal Some digital cameras have red eye removal, which removes the red before the image is stored in the camera's flash memory. The removal may be automatic or an option that can be enabled and disabled. However, all photo editing programs have red eye removal. It requires that the user highlight the area around the eyes and either select a default removal function or adjust the amount of reduction. Some programs offer options for replacing the red with a color, which is helpful for pictures where the eyes are an important focal point. The red can always be removed manually in an image editor by carefully replacing the red with the correct eye color. Although this takes a fair amount of practice to do it well, the results are often the best.
- The XT's flash rates to about 13 at ISO 100 and features improvements such as more clearance above the lens, reduction in "red-eye" occurrences and the ability to adjust different flash elements independently of one another.
- Paint.net's red-eye removal tool consistently gets positive reviews, so if red-eye concerns are something you spend a lot of editing time with, this might be the tool for you.
- Red-eye reduction: Most digital cameras today offer red-eye reduction mode, which eliminates the "vampire" eyes on humans.
- In addition, everyone in the south doesn't eat grits, barbecue and red-eye gravy all of the time.
- It was originally designed to fix common photo errors including blurring and red-eye.