- plural form of raisin
- They allowed us to grind the spices, pick over the raisins and lick the stirring spoons.
- There is a considerable export of currants and raisins and concentrated wine must from this country.
- A larger product of the vine was in the form of raisins and currants, of which quantities were exported to Russia.
- Cieza is built in a narrow bend of the Segura valley, which is enclosed on the north by mountains, and on the south broadens into a fertile plain, producing grain, wine, olives, raisins, oranges and esparto grass.
- With the advantage of a peculiarly fine climate, for which this part of Asia Minor has been famous in all ages, Ionia enjoyed the reputation in ancient times of being the most fertile of all the rich provinces of Asia Minor; and even in modern times, though very imperfectly cultivated, it produces abundance of fruit of all kinds, and the raisins and figs of Smyrna supply almost all the markets of Europe.