quick studyquick study
(plural quick studies)
- 1880, Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Belgravia (vol. XL), p80
- ... She is a quick study --' 'A what?' 'Learns her part rapidly, I mean. ...
- 1888, Frances Aymar Mathews, His Way and Her Will, p81
- "Ah!" sighs the little widow, "I absolutely don't know how I am! With all this professional jargon, and nothing but 'quick study' and 'lines,' in one ear; and 'left upper' and 'right lower,' in the other, I am almost distracted!"
- one who is capable of learning at a fast pace; a fast learner