- [P-] of the Puritans or Puritanism
- extremely or excessively strict in matters of morals and religion
- Rigorous in religious observance; marked by stern morality.
- Puritanical Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Puritans.
(comparative more puritanical, superlative most puritanical)
- Of or pertaining to the Puritans, or to their doctrines and practice.
- Precise in observance of legal or religious requirements; strict; overscrupulous; rigid; "” often used by way of reproach or contempt.
- One who holds puritanical attitudes.
Formation from puritan and -ical suffix to produce definition 1.