- a tax, rate, or commission, etc. per pound (sterling or weight)
- weight in pounds
- confinement in or as in a pound, or enclosure
- the fee required to free animals from a pound
- A tax or commission based on value per pound sterling.
- A rate or charge based on weight in pounds.
- Weight measured in pounds.
- Confinement of animals in a pound.
- A fee charged for the redemption of impounded animals or other property.
(countable and uncountable, plural poundages)
- (countable) a charge based on the weight of something in pounds
- (countable) a charge based on the value of something in pounds sterling
- (countable) a weight measured in pounds
- (countable) a fee charged for keeping an animal in a pound, or for its release
- (uncountable) the keeping of an animal in a pound
(third-person singular simple present poundages, present participle poundaging, simple past and past participle poundaged)
- To collect, as poundage; to assess, or rate, by poundage.