- the governmental department in charge of the mails
- an office or building where mail is sorted for distribution, postage stamps are sold, etc.
- a kissing game for young people played in any of various ways
post officepost office
- Abbr. PO a. The public agency responsible for the transportation and delivery of mail. Also called postal service .b. A local office where mail is received, sorted, and delivered, and where stamps and other postal materials are sold.
- A game in which kisses are exchanged for pretended letters.
(plural post offices)