(comparative more polarized, superlative most polarized)
- The definition of polarized is something that causes light to vibrate in a pattern or that causes something to have opposite (positive and negative) charges.
- An example of something polarized are the lenses in sunglasses.
- An example of something polarized is an electrical circuit.
- Polarized is defined as divided into two opposite groups.
An example of polarized is what happened to the groups within a political party after a discussion about gay marriage.
polarized - Computer Definition
- This pressed amber yields brilliant interference colours in polarized light.
- The convection of a medium thus polarized involves electric disturbance, and therefore must contribute to the true electric current; the determination of this constituent of the current is the most delicate point in the investigation.
- (5), of polarized light are executed in a direction perpendicular to the plane of polarization.
- Conceive a beam of plane polarized light to move among a number of particles, all small compared with any of the wavelengths.
- The crystals are feebly doubly refracting, and in polarized light exhibit a banded structure parallel to the cube faces.