- plural form of parenthesis
Parentheses are curved lines like these "(" or ")" that are used to set apart a word or clause which is added within a sentence to provide further explanation.
An example of parentheses are marks such as "(" and ")" that set apart an added example in a sentence.
parentheses - Computer Definition
- The percentage of each activity in nontruant children is given in parentheses for comparison.
- For each of these arenas, collect the number of points in parentheses.
- All of the parts of a theme are created using sophisticated CSS and HTML tags, and that means that a misplaced comma, semicolon, or parentheses can wreak havoc on your WordPress blog.
- In a world that has been using the written word for millennia, it is astonishing that only in the last decade of digital communication has the combination of a colon and right parentheses gained the status of an expression.
- For instance, if Wine Spectator awarded the score, then following the number you will see (WS) in parentheses.