- a scene, or take, photographed or taped for a film or TV program, but not included in the shown version
- a defective recording of music, etc. not used for commercial release
- a. A section or scene, as of a movie, that is filmed but not used in the final version.b. A complete version, as of a recording, that is dropped in favor of another version.
- An opening for outward discharge; a vent.
- A portion of a recording (a take) that is not included in the final version of a film or a musical album, often because it contains a mistake.
- The DVD for that movie has ten minutes worth of outtakes.
- A complete version of a recording or film that is dropped in favour of another version, reject.
- An opening for outward discharge, vent.
(third-person singular simple present outtakes, present participle outtaking, simple past outtook, past participle outtaken)
- To take out, remove.
From Middle English outtaken (“to take out"), equivalent to out- +"Ž take.