- plural form of opportunity
Opportunities mean good chances to advance yourself, or favorable circumstances for the time.
Examples of opportunities are going to college, getting a job and making money.
- She was a few weeks out from never having these opportunities again.
- This new face reminded him of everything he'd never be, of lost opportunities and misguided hope.
- This mask, which furnished abundant opportunities for the decorators, musicians and dancers, in showing forth how the seasons and their delights are successively exhausted by a "wanton darling," Raybright the grandchild of the Sun, is said to have been very popular.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to hold babies after the twins are born.
- In the summer of 1901 I visited Nova Scotia, and had opportunities such as I had not enjoyed before to make the acquaintance of the ocean.