Being a vessel that is made or used for ocean voyages.
(comparative more oceangoing, superlative most oceangoing)
- (nautical, of a vessel) designed for use on ocean voyages
- Royal Caribbean hires individuals from around the world regardless of nationality or citizenship, and the types of jobs the company offers are seemingly endless, including both oceangoing and land-based opportunities.
- With dedicated events and like-minded individuals, not only will cruisers discover the joys of an oceangoing vacation, but they may make new friends or find that special someone sailing into the sunset with them.
- The idea of cruise ship disasters happening on your next oceangoing vacation can seem frightening, but in reality these incidents are rare and the cruise ship is well prepared to handle emergency situations.
- A cruise along the Mississippi River is a unique, enchanting experience very unlike the more popular oceangoing cruises.
- Draught, is well protected by the island of Guilnaras, and oceangoing vessels can lie in the channel.