Occasionally is defined as sometimes.
An example of occasionally is someone who drinks a couple cocktails each month.
Now and then; from time to time.
(comparative more occasionally, superlative most occasionally)
- From time to time; now and then; once in a while; irregularly.
occasional +"Ž -ly
- Occasionally he glanced behind him, as if searching for someone, or something, that might be watching.
- Occasionally he would stand and bark.
- Occasionally I climbed and shook the trees.
- Lopukhin and the old general occasionally took part in the conversation.
- Occasionally amid these memories temptations of the devil would surge into her imagination: thoughts of how things would be after his death, and how her new, liberated life would be ordered.