The definition of nuanced is done with extreme care to appreciate fine-point distinctions that you have to be very detail-oriented to notice.
An example of nuanced is a nuanced glance, when a person looks at a painting and understands the fine-point details about what makes it great.
treated or done so as to show or display small, delicate, or subtle variations, gradations, etc., as in meaning
(comparative more nuanced, superlative most nuanced)
- His nuanced performances hit all the right notes whether he was feuding with Victor Newman, mourning the loss of his unborn child with Nikki or he was trying to live up to his father's hopes and dreams.
- White wine may keep for a little bit longer, maybe an extra day or two but be warned, it will taste a little flat and generally loses any or all of its nuanced flavor and aromatic characteristics.
- Gellar delivered a nuanced performance as the troubled child of a troubled woman and their conflicts were so powerfully felt on screen that Gellar earned a Daytime Emmy award.
- Natal charts are highly nuanced, and these details make it such that more than one individual may complement a person to a very high degree.
- The reason: the same sexist and sick behavior seen on popular reality TV shows such as MTV's Real World and The Bachelor can also be found on mainstream dramas like The Sopranos, only there it's referred to as "nuanced storytelling."