An example of mineral is dirt.
An example of mineral is rocks.
- An element, such as gold or silver.
- An organic derivative, such as coal or petroleum.
- A substance, such as stone, sand, salt, or coal, that is extracted or obtained from the ground or water and used in economic activities.
A mineral deposit.
Origin of mineral
- Middle English from Medieval Latin minerāle from neuter of minerālis pertaining to mines from Old French miniere mine from mine mine1
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Medieval Latin, minera (“ore”).