An example of Ltd. is Famous Brands Ltd., a restaurant franchisor in South Africa.
ltd. - Investment & Finance Definition
Short for limited, which is a term inserted after a company’s name. It indicates that a company is incorporated and that the owners have limited liability. It is used in the United Kingdom and many former British colonies. It appears in other countries as well, including Japan and the United States.
- The railways of the state are the Recife and Sao Francisco (77 m.), Central de Pernambuco (132 m.) and Sul de Pernambuco (120 m.) - all government properties leased to the Great Western of Brazil Railway Co., Ltd., since 1901.
- In 1888 the Dowlais Iron Company (now Messrs Guest, Keen & Nettlefold, Ltd.) acquired here some ninety acres on which were built four blast furnaces and six Siemens' smelting furnaces.
- Macmillan & Co., Ltd.) b, bristle; cs, caudal spine; ph, pharynx; s s', the spines on the two segments of the proboscis; sg, salivary glands; st, stomach.
- The coal deposits, which are of somewhat indifferent quality, have been worked with varying degrees of failure by a succession of companies, one of which, the Labuan & Borneo Ltd., liquidated in 1902 after the collapse of a shaft upon which large sums had been expended.
- A few minutes later a brown LTD crept up the drive and stopped.