- GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) is defined as the largest state-owned natural gas company in India.
An example of GAIL is a pipeline that transports liquefied petroleum gas throughout India.
- Gail is a girl's name with Hebrew origin meaning "joy."
An example of Gail is a shortened version of the name Abigail for a woman.
a feminine name: var. Gayle
- Blaine (Norwich, Conn., 1895) by Mary Abigail Dodge ("Gail Hamilton"), and, in the "American Statesmen Series," James G.
- The city is the seat of the Northern Illinois hospital for the insane, of the Elgin Academy (chartered 1839; opened 1856), and of St Mary's Academy (Roman Catholic); and has the Gail Borden public library, with 35,000 volumes in 1908.
- JEAN BAPTISTE GAIL (1755-1829), French hellenist, was born in Paris on the 4th of July 1755.
- Gail imagined that there was an organized conspiracy to belittle his learning and professional success, and there was a standing quarrel between him and his literary opponents.
- Without being a great Greek scholar, Gail was a man of unwearied industry, whose whole life was devoted to his favourite studies, and he deserves every credit for having rescued Greek from the neglect into which it had fallen during the troublous times in which he lived.