- a quick glance
- a brief visit
- Brit., Informal an opportunity to participate or succeed
The definition of a look-in is a quick check or visit to see how something is going.
An example of a look-in is a mother checking on her sleeping baby.
- A short visit.
- A quick glance.
- (idiomatic) A quick glance.
- (idiomatic) A brief visit.
- (idiomatic, UK) A chance to participate, compete, or succeed.
- (American football) A quick short pass to a receiver running diagonally toward the center of the field.