Origin of ladybugsee ladybird
A ladybug on a leaf.
The definition of a ladybug is a small, roundish-shaped flying insect with a brightly colored back covered in black spots.
An example of a ladybug is a small round red bug that feeds on aphids.
any of a family (Coccinellidae) of small, roundish beetles with spotted backs, usually brightly colored: they feed chiefly on insect pests and their eggs
Any of numerous small, rounded, usually colorful beetles of the family Coccinellidae, often reddish with black spots and feeding primarily on other insects, including pests such as scale insects and aphids. Also called lady beetle . Also called ladybird .
Origin of ladybugProbably from its seven spots being considered a symbol of the seven sorrows of the Virgin Mary
- Ladybugs: The bug that has the word "lady" right in its name is one of the few insects you might consider "cute." Get a ladybug by itself or several congregating together.
- LadyBug Beaded Bracelet: An adorable tribute to the lucky lady bug, this fanciful bracelet features red and black lady bug beads along with silver spacing beads and red and black glass beads.
- Ladybug cakes are easy to make and decorate, and their eye-catching, fire-engine-red color guarantees a few "oohs" and "aahs" as well as some memorable photo opportunities during a great party.
- Using red yard and black spots (in lieu of the suggested colors) this cute yarn bug can be made into a lady bug for a great craft to go along with The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle.
- LD: The ladybug, is a small, cute iconic insect that represented pretty much what we wanted to present for our company, ladies with a buzz about what's going on around town.