Origin of ladybugsee ladybird
A ladybug on a leaf.
The definition of a ladybug is a small, roundish-shaped flying insect with a brightly colored back covered in black spots.
An example of a ladybug is a small round red bug that feeds on aphids.
any of a family (Coccinellidae) of small, roundish beetles with spotted backs, usually brightly colored: they feed chiefly on insect pests and their eggs
Any of numerous small, rounded, usually colorful beetles of the family Coccinellidae, often reddish with black spots and feeding primarily on other insects, including pests such as scale insects and aphids. Also called lady beetle . Also called ladybird .
Origin of ladybugProbably from its seven spots being considered a symbol of the seven sorrows of the Virgin Mary
- LD: The ladybug, is a small, cute iconic insect that represented pretty much what we wanted to present for our company, ladies with a buzz about what's going on around town.
- Did you purchase the traditional ladybug colors of red and black, or did you go for a more whimsical design with different colors, such pink and green or pink and black?
- Wilton, the premiere manufacturer of decorating equipment for home bakers, produces a ladybug cake pan that makes it a snap to turn out a professional-looking cake.
- Once those creative juices begin to flow, you can create a ladybug nursery that will be filled with whimsy and wonder for your little one to discover.
- Murals can be created with peel-and-stick appliqués that are easily applied and just as easily removed once your baby has outgrown the ladybug theme.