- Having or causing an itching sensation.
- Restless or nervous.
(comparative itchier, superlative itchiest)
- These issues affect most of the five senses from sound intolerances like chalk on a chalkboard, to visual problems such as aversion to bright lights, to tactile intolerances like itchy fabrics or hot and cold foods.
- Students may be thinking they'll need to wear white dress shirts and itchy wool blazers all day, while teachers may be thinking more along the lines of polo shirts with the school logo and a pair of khaki pants.
- Acute lesions: These include extremely itchy reddened papules (small solid eruptions resembling pimples) and vesicles (small blister-like elevations in the skin surface that contain tissue fluid) over erythematous (reddened) skin.
- At the very least, you want to inspect its finest details to ensure that it falls to the right spot on your body (it should not be too short, for example) and that the material is comfortable (if it's itchy, nix it).
- Antihistamines are used to treat the sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes of allergies and allergic rhinitis, as well as allergic skin reactions and anaphylactic reactions to insect stings and certain foods.