- A structure above the flight deck of an aircraft carrier containing the bridge, radar, etc.
- A counter which stands alone as in the central area of a kitchen.
- Any of the elevated areas of a service station, having a bank of gasoline pumps.A self-service island.
- An unattached kitchen counter providing easy access from all sides.
- A raised curbed area, often used to delineate rows of parking spaces or lanes of traffic.
- The superstructure of a ship, especially an aircraft carrier.
A prairie islanded with wooded tracts.
A secluded mansion, islanded by shrubbery and fences.
An example of an island is Ellis Island in New York City.
An example of an island is a central counter in a kitchen.
An example of an island is a raised area in the center of a road.
The island in the middle of a roundabout.