A sign pointing to an interstate highway.
- Interstate is defined as between or among states.
An example of something interstate is trade between two states; interstate commerce.
- The definition of an interstate is one highway in a network of highways that connect the 48 connected United States.
An example of an interstate is I-80.
between or among states, esp. states of the U.S.: interstate commerce
one of a network of U.S. highways connecting the 48 contiguous states
Involving, existing between, or connecting two or more states.
One of a national system of expressways connecting major population centers in the United States.
- (US) A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System
- Interstate migratIon is an interesting element in American national life.
- I'll bet it's close to Interstate 70.
- Most of the route was via Interstate roads and easy driving.
- A lack of interstate cumity, and double taxation of certain classes of property, have also offered difficulties.
- Just up the interstate from Cincinnati is the Loveland Bike Trail, a scenic trail through the Cincinnati suburb of Loveland, and just across the Kentucky line, you will find the Union Kentucky and Big Bone Lick State Park recreation areas.