A sign pointing to an interstate highway.
- Interstate is defined as between or among states.
An example of something interstate is trade between two states; interstate commerce.
- The definition of an interstate is one highway in a network of highways that connect the 48 connected United States.
An example of an interstate is I-80.
between or among states, esp. states of the U.S.: interstate commerce
one of a network of U.S. highways connecting the 48 contiguous states
Involving, existing between, or connecting two or more states.
One of a national system of expressways connecting major population centers in the United States.
- (US) A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System
- Interstate migratIon is an interesting element in American national life.
- I'll bet it's close to Interstate 70.
- Most of the route was via Interstate roads and easy driving.
- In 1895 the 6% external debt was converted into a 5% debt, the bonds of which remained at a premium for 1902; in 1896 the alcabalas or interstate customs and municipal octrois were abolished, and replaced in part by direct taxation and increased stamp duties.
- They are located near the interstate, for convenience.