- simple past tense and past participle of institutionalize
(comparative more institutionalized, superlative most institutionalized)
- of or relating to something that has been established as an institution
- It is very difficult to get bureaucracies to abandon their institutionalized practices.
- of or relating to someone who has been committed to an institution, such as a prison or an insane asylum
- Once a potential employer learns that you've been institutionalized, you can forget about getting the job.