- An example of hypercritical is someone who is overly focused on small faults and looking for something to complain about or criticize.
- An example of hypercritical is a critic who pours over a book in extreme detail just to try to find a small mistake or typo.
The definition of hypercritical is being too critical.
Excessively critical; captious.
(comparative more hypercritical, superlative most hypercritical)
- Meticulously or excessively critical.
- Most teenage girls are hypercritical of themselves and that needs to change.
- Some only children become hypercritical, not tolerating mistakes or failure in themselves or others.
- This sign, in its balanced form, presents a stable, hygienic, noble individual, but an inauspicious astrological aspect can result in a hypercritical, paranoid and stringent individual who makes a miserable partner.
- Virgos can be hypercritical of themselves and of others.
- These, like the concessions of other apologetic writers, far outweigh the often hypercritical, irrelevant, and superficial objections brought against the literary and historical criticism of Genesis.